Notre Dame des
12, rue des Blancs-manteaux, 75004 Paris
Orgue de tribune
1841 - Daublaine-Callinet
1863 - Merklin (buffet)
1910 - Abbey
1925 - Convers
1968 - Kern
1992 - Dominique Lalmand
Orgue de choeur
1971 - Kern
2020 - Michel Goussu
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The Great Organ
Before the revolution, the church had an organ, but no
documents remain on the circumstances in which the church
was dispossessed of its organ before the Concordat.
After the Concordat, an accompanying organ made by the
Larroque factor was installed in the church choir. From 1831,
Louis Callinet began the construction of a large organ.
In 1864, Joseph Merklin was commissioned to transfer the
instrument to the present gallery, made up of 18th century
elements. The work was completed in 1867. In 1910, John
Abbey removed all sets of mutations.
In 1925, the instrument was restored and enlarged by
Auguste Convers, who increased it to 32 stops.
In 1962, following the bombings of 26 August 1944, during
which the instrument was badly damaged, a reconstruction
of the instrument was entrusted to Alfred Kern. The latter
had just completed the famous reconstruction of the Great
Organ of Saint-Séverin in Paris.
The instrument, in the North German style, was reinstalled
on the enlarged tribune and a new positive was added.
It was Alfred Kern himself who ensured the harmonization of
In 1991, works were done by Dominique Lalmand
(application of the Bach-Kellner temperament).
Dominique Merlet, Matthieu Odinet
Famous organists in the past: Léonce de Saint
Martin, Georges Guillard, Odile Bailleux.
Masses with organ
Saturday 6:15 PM, Sunday 11 AM
The choir organ
The choir organ, built in 1971, replaces a single-keyboard
organ of seven Merklin stops that was given to St
Maurice's Parish in Strasbourg.
The current instrument was built by Alfred Kern and was
harmonized for use in liturgy as well as in concerts.
Mainenance works were carried out by Michel Goussu in