The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt           HOME               D-R           

Notre-Dame du Rosaire   

194, rue Raymond-Losserane, 75014 Paris 1880/90 - Cavaillé-Coll

1956 – J.Picaud

1968 - ??

2004 - Dargassies

II/20 (16) -  mechanical traction - stoplist

Notre Dame du Rosaire was built in 1911 in a Roman-Florentine style by Pierre Sardou, inspired by the Santi Apostoli in Florence.

Organiste titulaire

Jorris Sauquet

Concerts

Irregularly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6PM, Sunday 10.30AM, 7PM Video Jorris Sauquet
The organ was built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll during the years 1880-1890 (exact date is unknown). It remained several years in the workshop of the famous organ builder at the Avenue du Maine, where it was used as demonstration organ. It was then moved to the Sacré- Coeur of Montmartre in anticipation of a new, great, organ. In 1913, it was transferred to Notre Dame du Rosaire. Maintenance was done during many years by Gutschenritter, followed by Marc Hédelin. At an unknown moment, J. Picaud added a Plein Jeu IV at the Swell (perhaps replacing an Octavin) at the request of the former titulaire, Jean Fellot (probably in 1956, when there was an inauguration by Marcel Dupré). In 1968, the Bourdon 16 of the Great was replaced by a Doublette 2’. The latest restoration dates from 2004 by Bernard Dargassies : Removal of the Doublette of the Great Addition of a new Octavin at the Swell Replacement of the Bourdon of the Great, being in a bad condition, by a Bourdon from the former Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Opéra comique in Paris Removal of the Plein Jeu of the Swell, added during the 1950’s and addition of a new Plein Jeu IV on the GO.
Organs of Paris

Notre-Dame du

Rosaire   

194, rue Raymond-Losserane, 75014 Paris 1880/90 - Cavaillé-Coll

1956 – J.Picaud

1968 - ??

2004 - Dargassies

II/20 (16) -  mechanical traction - stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt    HOME     D-R     
Notre Dame du Rosaire was built in 1911 in a Roman- Florentine style by Pierre Sardou, inspired by the Santi Apostoli in Florence. The organ was built by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll during the years 1880-1890 (exact date is unknown). It remained several years in the workshop of the famous organ builder at the Avenue du Maine, where it was used as demonstration organ. It was then moved to the Sacré- Coeur of Montmartre in anticipation of a new, great, organ. In 1913, it was transferred to Notre Dame du Rosaire. Maintenance was done during many years by Gutschenritter, followed by Marc Hédelin. At an unknown moment, J. Picaud added a Plein Jeu IV at the Swell (perhaps replacing an Octavin) at the request of the former titulaire, Jean Fellot (probably in 1956, when there was an inauguration by Marcel Dupré). In 1968, the Bourdon 16 of the Great was replaced by a Doublette 2’. The latest restoration dates from 2004 by Bernard Dargassies : Removal of the Doublette of the Great Addition of a new Octavin at the Swell Replacement of the Bourdon of the Great, being in a bad condition, by a Bourdon from the former Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Opéra comique in Paris Removal of the Plein Jeu of the Swell, added during the 1950’s and addition of a new Plein Jeu IV on the GO.

Organiste titulaire

Jorris Sauquet

Concerts

Irregularly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6PM, Sunday 10.30AM, 7PM Video Recordings of Jorris Sauquet