ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
In 1872, the abbot of Hulst built at his own
expense a modest chapel dedicated to the
Sacred Heart and Saint Hippolyte. The building
was entrusted two years later, in 1874, to the
Congregation of Redemptorists who installed an
icon of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. In 1898, the
chapel, which had become cramped, gave way to
a new neo-Gothic building, built by Brother
Gérard. It became a parish church in 1960.
On June 25, 1966, the church was elevated to the
dignity of "minor basilica" by Pope Paul VI.
Located near the Père Lachaise cemetery, the
basilica hosts many funeral celebrations.
Masses with organ
Saturday 6:30 PM, Sunday 10:30 AM and 7 PM
This organ is built by Bernard Dargassies in 1997,
using materials from old instruments in stock at the
city of Paris (St Eustache, ND de Bonne Nouvelle, Saint
Ferdinand des Ternes and Notre-Dame du Perpétuel
Secours itself, which had an organ of 22 stops of
Former choir organ