ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
147, rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris
1911 - Mutin
1967 - Müller
1982 - Barbéris
2016 - Fossaert
Flûte harmonique 8'
Plein-jeu III rgs
Cor de nuit 8'
Voix céleste 8'
Flûte octaviante 4'
Trompette harmonique 8'
Accouplements: Réc./G.O. en 8' et 16'.
Tirasses: G.O., Réc.
Tremblant au Récit.
Appel de la Trompette et de la Mixture.
Tuesday, 12:45 AM (reading & organ)
Photo buffet : Vincent Hildebrandt
Photo console : Victor Weller
The organ is built by Mutin in 1911. Muller added a
plein-jeu in 1967. Works were done by Barbéris in 1982.
In 2016, the organ was restored by Yves Fossaert.
In the 1850s and 1860s, the district between Les
Invalides and the Military School had many
craftsmen. Many came from Germany or Alsace and
were Lutheran Protestant. Faced with this growing
demand, the pastor Eugène Berger opened a
primary school on Avenue Bosquet in 1962.
Denis Boehler, architect of this first school, also
owned a beautiful wooded lot of 4,500 m2 on Rue
de Grenelle, which was exceptional in this district.
He built for his family a beautiful house with a
winter garden, as well as a pavilion for the caretaker.
When he died in 1890, he left the Lutheran Church,
by will, with his land and the money needed to build
a church and outbuildings so that the community
could flourish. The two houses were also donated,
and later became the rectory — the residence of the
pastor and his family — and the caretaker's
The religious building was built between 1910 and
1911 on the plans of Naville and Choquet, authors
of several Lutheran ensembles in Paris, in a style
inspired by the neo-Gothic, which was fashionable
during the second part of the 19th century for