The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2022 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS

Eglise luthérienne

du Bon-Secours

20, rue Titon, 75011 Paris

1898 - Merklin (buffet)

1994 - Wilbrand

II/15 - traction mécanique

Photos: Vincent Hildebrandt (2018)

Organiste titulaire

Gabriel de Laharpe

Concerts

-

Service with organ

Sunday 10:30 AM Videos -
Already under the Old Regime, the suburb of Saint-Antoine was the district of cabinetmakers and derivative trades (gilders, lackers, upholsterers, tanners). There were many German and Alsatian workers whose immigration had been favoured by the opening of the Strasbourg- Paris and Muhlouse-Paris railway lines. In 1863, faced with the increase of Lutherans in the district, a first place of worship was built by Pastor Hosemann on the site of the former convent of the Benedictines of Bon-Secours, Rue de Charonne. The cult then took place alternately in German and French. A school and an orphanage are created. In 1893, the complex was transferred to 4 Titon Street. The first stone of the temple was laid on June 20, 1895 and the building was inaugurated on May 10, 1896. Its architect was the Protestant Adolphe Augustin Rey. It is built in a neo-Romanesque style, mixing Art- nouveau elements. The building has the distinction of being illuminated by a zenithal canopy, supported by a beautiful pine frame from North America, witness to the craftsmanship of the Faubourg Saint- Antoine.
The instrument was built in 1895 by Merklin. Since its construction, it has remained totally authentic apart from a doubling of traction, carried out around 1940 as well as the addition of a Cymbal III to the GO (perhaps by Picaud or Sebire?). In 2020, it was decided to replace the mechanical part with a second-hand organ. The wooden sideboard has been preserved. This second-hand instrument was built by the German builder Wilbrand in 1994. The organ has 15 registers spread over 2 keyboards of 56 notes and pedal of 30 notes. It is entirely mechanical. The pipes (930) are made of tin and wood. It has 1 reed and 14 foundation stops. The Montre 8' starts at c on the front. A new frame to support the front pipes frames the console. It is tinted so as to blend with the dark color of the old case. Source
Organs of Paris

Eglise luthérienne

du Bon-Secours

20, rue Titon, 75011 Paris

1898 - Merklin (buffet)

1994 - Wilbrand

II/15 - traction mécanique

Photos: Vincent Hildebrandt (2018)
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2022 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The instrument was built in 1895 by Merklin. Since its construction, it has remained totally authentic apart from a doubling of traction, carried out around 1940 as well as the addition of a Cymbal III to the GO (perhaps by Picaud or Sebire?). In 2020, it was decided to replace the mechanical part with a second-hand organ. The wooden sideboard has been preserved. This second-hand instrument was built by the German builder Wilbrand in 1994. The organ has 15 registers spread over 2 keyboards of 56 notes and pedal of 30 notes. It is entirely mechanical. The pipes (930) are made of tin and wood. It has 1 reed and 14 foundation stops. The Montre 8' starts at c on the front. A new frame to support the front pipes frames the console. It is tinted so as to blend with the dark color of the old case. Source

Organiste titulaire

Gabriel de Laharpe

Concerts

-

Service with organ

Sunday 10:30 AM Videos -