24, Rue des Archives , 75004 Paris
1983 - Muhleisen
2017 - Muhleisen
2023: This Temple is closed for works
and the organ is packed up.
Photo GO: Jeroen de Haan
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
From 1810, the temple was equipped with a small second-
hand instrument, installed by Somer.
In 1842, the church acquired one of the first instruments of
the young Aristide Cavaillé-Coll, at the same time as the
Lutheran Church of Redemption, which was then its annex.
The organ was built for the Universal Exhibition in Paris and
was originally intended to serve as a choir organ in St Roch's
Church. Several times transformed by Cavaillé-Coll (1863),
Mutin (1912) and Gutschenrietter (1945), the instrument
consisted of 18 stops on 2 keyboards and pedals, with
In 1978, the parish decided to acquire a new organ,
commissioned from the Muhleisen House in Strasbourg-
Cronenbourg. The old organ was dismantled and
reassembled in 1988 in the chapel le de Jésus Enfant of the
parish of Ste Clotilde (Paris VIIe). In 1982 and 1983, the new
organ was built and mounted on the tribune in the back of
the nave. It was the first new organ financed by the city of
Paris in the 20th century. It is an instrument in the German
Baroque style, with 29 stops on three keyboards and pedals,
with mechanical transmissions. The buffet was designed by
In 2017, the instrument was overhauled by Muhleisen.
In 1987, the church acquired a small choir organ built by
Muhleisen. This Positive of 4 stops with pedal ‘en tirasse’ would
have been sold to a temple in Marseille in the early 2000s.
Jacques Amade, Eric Ampeau, Aude Heurtematte
Service with organ